Introducing a mandatory whistleblowing channel
The next webinar will be held on Friday, September 9th at 10:00-11.00 EET, 9:00-10:00 CET.
Please register by filling in the attached form.
The webinar is free of charge.
In the webinar we will go through:
- what whistleblowing is all about
- the key requirements of the EU Whistleblowing Directive
- how to set up a whistleblowing channel, and
- how to develop the organisational culture to reduce risks
All organisations employing 50 or more people must provide a whistleblowing channel and administration that technically protects the whistleblower's identity, in accordance with the EU Directive on whistleblower protection.
When is the right moment to launch a channel?
We recommend that the channel is rolled out and progressed in stages.
- The first step is to raise staff awareness of both the possibility of reporting and of being the subject of a report.
- The second step is to ensure that the handling process works in a secure and timely manner.
- The third step is to open the channel to external stakeholders.
How can I join a webinar?
Register for the webinar by filling in the attached form. Completing this form does not commit you to anything. Please check that you receive a registration confirmation by email. Please note that this message may also be sent to your spam folder.
Please register even if the date is not convenient. We will send a recording to those who register afterwards.
7.10.2019 The Council of Europe adopted new rules on the protection of whistleblowers (Directive of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of persons who report infringements of Union law OM028:00/2018).
AN EASY-TO-USE AND RELIABLE WHISTLEBLOWING CHANNEL
The whistleblowing channel will become mandatory for all organisations employing more than 50 people. Take the easy-to-use and reliable First Whistle whistleblowing channel into use.
This service is provided by Juuriharja Consulting Group Oy.